Start the festivities with this light, easy to make Italian Christmas Eve delight!
- 4 tablespoons EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds large shrimp-peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vodka or dry vermouth
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche or mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup basil (a small handful), roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Crusty bread
In a large skillet, heat the EVOO, four turns of the pan, over medium-high. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the shrimp and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Toss until the shrimp is pink and opaque in the center, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the vodka; toss 1 minute. Add the creme fraiche and stir until the sauce is smooth. Off the heat, stir in the parsley and basil. Divide the shrimp among shallow bowls and drizzle with a few drops of the lemon juice. Serve with the crusty bread.
Visit https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/italian-christmas-recipes for more great Italian Christmas recipes from Rachel Ray.